- Summer 2016 Bicycle Birding schedule is up! Click here for schedule and registration.
- Warren and Laurie Halsey are the 2016 recipients of the Homer Campbell Conservation Award. Click here to read their story!
- Birding by Ear has returned. Click on the Education page for times and registration.
- Spring 2016 Aquatic Ecology Program gearing up at Hesthavn. Check here for full information.
- 2016 Weekend Field Trip schedule is now up. Click here for more information.
- Hesthavn Work Party Schedule is up. Click here for more information.
2015-16 Speaker Schedule
- May 19 - Fred Ramsey
Birding Trinidad and Tobago
Any birder who has not visited the neotropical regions of
South America - but who wishes to do so - should think about
how to get started. How do you prepare for a two-week jaunt
through a country that boasts over 200 species of tyrant flycatcher
alone and has numerous families of species you have
never encountered before? A good answer is to visit Trinidad
and Tobago - two islands lying a short hop off the coast of
Venezuela. Stay at the world-famous Asa Wright Nature Center
on Trinidad, and venture out on day trips to forests, swamps,
and plains. Fred and his brother, Lee, did so on a 9-day trip to
Trinidad and Tobago in April of 2015. This ASC program is an account of their adventures, illustrating
many of the brilliant birds and butterflies of this wonderful spot on the earth.
A founding member of ASC, Fred Ramsey has served the club long and well.
Fred is an Emeritus
Professor of Statistics at OSU. He has been leading weekend field trips for many years and is
currently planning his fourth month-long field trip to Australia. In addition, he is the current ASC
Monthly Meeting Info:
Join us the third Thursday of every month, September through May, at the Chintimini Senior Center, located at
27th and Tyler. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for refreshments and visiting. Setup volunteers would be appreciated at 6:15! Social gathering begins at 6:30. Chapter Meeting commences at 7:00 p.m. followed by the guest lecture at 7:30 p.m. Questions about the series can be directed to Bill Proebsting 541-752-0108
Open Meetings of the Board of Directors
ASC board meetings are open to all ASC members, and the board encourages you to come and see what we do. Our monthly board meeting is on Thursday one week before the General Meeting. See the calendar on the last page of The Chat for the meeting location.