- 2016 Weekend Field Trip schedule is now up. Click here for more information.
- 2016 Native Plant Sale information here.
- Hesthavn Work Party Schedule is up. Click here for more information.
- Winter Education Field Day set for March 12! Go to the education page for more information.
2015-16 Speaker Schedule
- January 21 - William Proebsting on Birding the Manu Road in Peru
Bill Proebstsing will recap a three week trip, birding the Andean Highlands to the Amazon Basin along the Manu Road and beyond, skirting the edge of the fabled Manu National Park. Peru has records of almost 1900 bird species, and this trip produced over 600 species for Bill.
Extremely complex terrain produces a variety of habitats and biodiversity reaches an extreme in the Amazon section of Peru and Ecuador which is described as containing mega-biodiversity. Bill has captured some of the flavor of this diversity with striking photos of the spectacular bird life in this part of Peru.
Bill lives in Corvallis where he retired from a career with OSUís Department of Horticulture. Besides spending time birding locally, serving as program chair and local field trip coordinator for Audubon Society of Corvallis and various gardening projects, Bill and his wife, Lena, enjoy traveling to see birds and their habitat. They have particularly enjoyed birding in Latin America.
- Feb. 18 Matt Lee on Birds of Belize
- Mar. 17 Raylene Gordin on The Secret Lives of Bluebirds
- Apr. 21 Scott Black, Xerces Society, on Pollinator Conservation
- May 19 Matt Betts, OSU, on Do birds help trees grow in managed forests? Lessons from a long-term experiment in the OR Coast Range
Monthly Meeting Info:
Join us the third Thursday of every month, September through May, at the Chintimini Senior Center, located at
27th and Tyler. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for refreshments and visiting. Setup volunteers would be appreciated at 6:15! Social gathering begins at 6:30. Chapter Meeting commences at 7:00 p.m. followed by the guest lecture at 7:30 p.m. Questions about the series can be directed to Bill Proebsting 541-752-0108
Open Meetings of the Board of Directors
ASC board meetings are open to all ASC members, and the board encourages you to come and see what we do. Our monthly board meeting is on Thursday one week before the General Meeting. See the calendar on the last page of The Chat for the meeting location.